WILEY A. WASDEN III Managing Partner
Wiley is the managing partner at Brennan & Wasden, LLC. He is a lifelong resident of Savannah. He graduated from The University of the South (Sewanee) in 1981 and from the University of Georgia School of Law in 1984.
Wiley is engaged in a broad civil trial practice. He represents health care institutions, insurance companies, businesses, professionals, and individuals. This includes the defense of catastrophic claims arising from products liability, construction liability, and trucking liability. He has had notable success in numerous trials in the State and Federal Courts of Georgia.
Wiley has a sub-specialty in the defense of health care providers and health systems against claims of medical malpractice. He represents a number of hospitals and health care providers in the South.
Wiley handles numerous business and banking disputes. These range from company formation, employment agreements, covenants not to compete, to business dissolution. He maintains a select Bankruptcy practice and further represents businesses and professionals who wish to restructure their financial interests.
In his career, Wiley is also active in the State Bar of Georgia and several professional organizations. He served on the Executive Counsel of the Younger Lawyers Section of the State Bar for many years, and presently sits on the Statewide Judicial Evaluation Committee and is a Special Master in State Bar Disciplinary Proceedings. He is a member of the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA), and is Past-President of the South Georgia chapter. He is also a member of the Georgia Society of Hospital Attorneys, American Academy of Hospital Attorneys, Defense Research Institute, Georgia Defense Lawyers Association (former Board Member), and American Veterinary Medical Law Association. He has published in the Georgia Defense Lawyer Journal, and has given numerous presentations to professional organizations on a wide range of topics.
Wiley is active in the local community. He has served as President of the Savannah Foundation and has served on the Board of the Savannah Speech and Hearing Center. He has participated in Leadership Savannah and was a member of the year 2000 Leadership Georgia class.
Wiley is married to the former Anna Christensen, and they have three sons.
- Savannah, Georgia, July 31, 1959
Bar and Court Admissions
- Georgia and US District Court, Southern, Middle and Northern Districts of Georgia
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- US Claims Court
- US Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- University of Georgia School of Law (J.D. 1984)
- University of the South (B.A. 1981)
Community and Bar Activities
- State Bar of Georgia
- Executive Council, Young Lawyers Section (1987 to 1989)
- Statewide Judicial Evaluation Committee (1997 to present)
- Special Master in State Bar Disciplinary Proceedings (1999 to present)
- Savannah Bar Association
- Georgia Insurance Defense Lawyers Association—Board Member (1992 to 2002)
- Georgia Society of Hospital Attorneys
- American Academy of Hospital Attorneys
- Defense Research Institute
- American Veterinary Medical Law Association
- Hospital Malpractice Defense
- Professional Liability
- Insurance Defense
- Commercial Litigation
- Catastrophic Injury
- Products Liability
Honors & Awards
- Best Lawyers 2022: Medical Malpractice Law – Defendants; Professional Malpractice Law – Defendants; Commercial Litigation; Litigation – Bankruptcy; Litigation – Construction; Litigation – Real Estate
- Selected To Super Lawyers: 2007 – 2020