Andrew A. Murdison Partner
Licensed in both Georgia and South Carolina, Andrew began his practice in the CSRA upon completing his legal studies. Andrew’s practice focuses on the area of general litigation, with an emphasis on medical malpractice defense, and also including general insurance defense, environmental litigation, and business and contract disputes. Andrew has led a successful motions practice, having obtained dismissal and summary judgment for numerous defendants in medical malpractice and other cases. Andrew has also obtained multiple favorable trial results for contract and tort litigants, and has argued before the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals.
Andrew spent much of his childhood in the CSRA before moving to the Philadelphia area, where he lived for about ten years. After graduating from Queen’s University in Kingston, Ontario – having spent his third undergraduate year at the University of Edinburgh, Scotland – Andrew returned to Georgia to study at the University of Georgia School of Law. While there, Andrew served as an Articles Editor for the Georgia Journal of International and Comparative Law. His Note, “Freedom!” For Scotland: A Hollywood Tagline, but a Holyrood Prerogative, dealing with constitutional paths toward Scottish independence from Great Britain, was published in the 2010 edition of the Journal.
Bar and Court Admissions
- Admitted to practice before the trial and appellate courts of Georgia and South Carolina
- U.S. District Courts for the Southern, Middle, and Northern Districts of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the District of South Carolina
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- Bankruptcy Courts in Georgia and South Carolina
- State Bar of Georgia
- State Bar of South Carolina
- Augusta Bar Association (including Young Lawyers Division)
- Leadership Columbia County (Class of 2014)
- Young Professionals of Augusta
- Georgia Defense Lawyers Association (GDLA)
- Defense Research Institute (DRI – Member of the steering committee for the Medical Liability section)
- Claims Litigation Management Alliance (CLM)
- Exchange Club of Richmond County (Member of Board of Directors)
- University of Georgia School of Law, 2010, J.D.
- Queen’s University, 2007, BAH, Philosophy and Classics (dual concentration)
- University of Edinburgh, Scotland, 2006, Exchange Study, Philosophy and Classics
- Medical Malpractice Defense
- Insurance Defense
- Commercial Litigation
- Environmental Litigation
- Trust and Estate Disputes
- Construction Litigation
- Brennan, Wasden & Painter LLC (2017 – present)
- Fulcher Hagler LLP (2010 – 2017)
- “Freedom!” for Scotland: A Hollywood Tagline, but a Holyrood Prerogative, 38 Ga. J. Int’l & Comp. L. 443 (2010).
- Scott W. Kelly, Esq. and Andrew A. Murdison, Esq., Preventing Crime and Lawsuits – Good Business Makes the Best Defense, DRI In-House Quarterly, September 29, 2016