W. Richard Dekle Partner
Richard is a Martindale Hubbell AV rated partner in the firm. Richard attended Mercer University as an undergraduate majoring in English and History. He graduated from Mercer University Law School and returned to Savannah to begin his law practice.
He has experience in professional malpractice, product liability, mass torts, premises liability, personal injury litigation, business and contract disputes and a broad range of civil matters. He has over 15 years experience as a trial lawyer representing clients in the Georgia Courts. He was named a Georgia Super Lawyers Rising Star by Atlanta Magazine in 2007.
He is focused primarily in the area of civil litigation in the State and Federal Courts of Georgia. He is regularly engaged in defending medical negligence cases involving claims against a broad range of defendants including physicians, hospitals and nurses.
He lives in Savannah with his wife, Angelyn, and their three children.
Savannah, Georgia, March 8, 1968
Bar and Court Admissions
- Georgia and U.S. District Court
- Southern, Middle and Northern Districts of Georgia
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- Walter F. George School of Law, Mercer University (J.D. 1993)
- Mercer University (B.A. 1990)
- State Bar of Georgia
- Savannah Bar Association
- Georgia Defense Lawyers Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Civil Litigation
- Medical Malpractice Defense
- Insurance Defense
- Professional Liability
- Product Liability
- Premises Liability
Honors & Awards
- Selected To Rising Stars: 2007