F. Michael Taylor Partner
Mike practices in the area of general civil litigation with an emphasis in medical malpractice, trucking litigation defense and general tort cases. He has tried cases in Federal and State Courts in Georgia and South Carolina and represents clients in cases relating to trucking litigation, medical malpractice defense, products liability, contract disputes and litigation and general insurance defense. Mike also has represented physicians before the Composite State Board of Medical Examiners in Georgia and the South Carolina Board of Medical Examiners in South Carolina.
Bar and Court Admissions
- 11th Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Courts for the Southern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Fourth Circuit
- Georgia Supreme Court
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- State Bar of Georgia
- South Carolina Bar
- American Bar Association
- Atlanta Claims Association
- Augusta Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Georgia Defense Lawyers Association
- Augusta Sports Council Board of Directors
- Downtown/ North Augusta Family Y Board of Directors (2013 – 2014)
- Georgia and South Carolina Boy Scouts Council
- Leadership North Augusta (Class of 2012)
- Leadership North Augusta Board of Directors (2013 – 2014)
- North Augusta Chamber of Commerce
- South Carolina Chamber of Commerce
- University of Georgia, 1981, B.A.
- Mercer University School of Law, 1988, J.D.
- Cum Laude, Mercer Law Review Managing Editor’s staff
- Appellate Practice
- Construction Litigation
- Health Care Law
- Insurance Coverage
- Lease and Real Estate Disputes
- Medical Malpractice
- Personal Injury & Torts
- Professional Liability
- Trucking Litigation
- Trucking Litigation – Successfully defended lawsuit against a trucking company in trial to a defense verdict in which Plaintiff sought damages in of $15 million.
Honors & Awards
- Best Lawyers 2021: Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants
- The Best Lawyers in America® – Personal Injury Litigation: Defendants (2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020)
- Selected To Super Lawyers: 2020
- “Lynch v. Waters: Tolling Georgia’s Statute of Limitations for Medical Malpractice.” 38 Mercer Law Review. 1987.
- “What Defense Attorneys Are Looking for in Medical Records”; AALNC Continuing Educational Presentation Avoiding Medical Malpractice: Be Proactive Not Reactive; Augusta, GA; March 2012.
- “What Plaintiffs & Defense Lawyers Like & Don’t Like about Mediation & Mediators.” Dispute Resolution for Trial & Non-Trial Lawyers; May 2011.
- “Sources of Impeachment Materials for Use in Examination of an Opposing Expert.” Georgia Foundations & Objections CLE Update; February 2011.
- “Daubert Update: SB3 and Daubert Under the Federal Rules of Evidence”; Medical Malpractice Liability sponsored by the Institute of Continuing Legal Education in Georgia; Amelia Island, Florida; November 2009.
- “Your Medical Record Documentation: You’re in the Crosshairs – Kill or Cure?”; Continuing Medical Education Seminar sponsored by The Physicians Practice Group Risk Management Committee for faculty and residents of The Medical College of Georgia; November 2008.
- “Deposition Testimony: A Survival Guide”; Continuing Medical Education Seminar; Sponsored by the Medical College of Georgia Physicians Practice Group; May 2008.
- “Called to the Stand – You’re on Trial, a Mock Trial Presentation”; Continuing Medical Education Seminar Sponsored by the Medical College of Georgia Physicians Practice Group for faculty, staff and students of the Medical College of Georgia; November 2007.